What Sets Us Apart
Are you looking for a new dental office? If you are searching for quality dental care, you may be wondering: what is the difference between all of these dental offices?
We are glad you asked! Here are 6 things that we feel sets us apart from other dental offices:
1) Commitment continuing education
When you love to learn, you never want to stop learning! Each state requires a certain amount of continuing education per year in order for dentists to keep their licenses. North Carolina dentists are required to have 15 hours per year as the minimum. Our doctors do not feel this is adequate to be able to keep up with all of the advances in dentistry. Both Dr. Lori Pappert and Dr. Jessica Kirk take over four times the recommended amount of continuing education per year. Every year, each doctor spends 90-100 hours attending courses to learn about new techniques and technology. They travel across the country and across the world to hear the best speakers. We feel these hours directly translate into improved patient care.
2) A belief that patients should be involved in decisions about their care
When patients are part of the team, the team is complete. In some offices, the patient is more of a spectator in treatment; there is only one option, “take it or leave it”. Our team believes that patient involvement and education is paramount. We will spend the time you need to explain all of your options in depth and involve you in the decision-making process. When patients know what we are doing and why we are doing it, they make better decisions for themselves and their expectations are met.
3) Technology and comfort items that allow for better care of our patients
At no additional cost to our patients, we offer:
- TV’s with your choice of channel
- Noise cancelling headphones so you can relax during your treatment.
- Free WiFi and complementary refreshments at our beverage bar.
- Diagnodent laser technology to evaluate for cavities which results in accurate and measureable tooth health. This laser is painless, quick, and extremely accurate. It’s the newest technology in detecting cavities.
- Intraoral cameras, so you see what we see.
- We are up to date with the latest periodontal therapy treatments and as a convenience we offer in house products to aid in better gum health.
4) Sedation Dentistry
Have you put off dental treatment due to fear of the dentist? Have you ever had a bad experience at the dentist and now want to be sedated during dental treatment? If you answered yes to either of these questions, we can help. We offer sedation dentistry to create comfortable appointments for you. We’ve been offering oral sedation to our patients safely for over 20 years. Please click our link for sedation dentistry to learn more.
5) We use quality materials made in the USA
We use only the best materials for our restorative cases and patient care. Our crowns, bridges, partials are made only in the USA. Many of the labs we use are right here in Charlotte, which means faster return times for our patients. We believe that quality is #1 both in how we treat our patients and the materials being used in treating our patients. We feel strongly that materials made in the USA are of a higher quality and are regulated to a stricter standard.
6) Established Office
Our practice opened in 1979 by Dr. Judd Treat and Dr. Joseph Steiner. Dr. Pappert joined the practice in 1993. Dr. Jessica Kirk joined the practice as Dr. Joseph Steiner retired. We’re honored to provide four generations of care for our dental families. We’d love to care for your family’s smiles, too!